Saturday, March 5, 2011

ramblings from a thankful heart...

I've given up on taking a picture per day in 2011, but it served the purpose of making me look more intentionally of ways God works on a daily basis.

Today I saw God:
-in the hugs from 2 women who love God a whole lot
-the huge crew of people who showed up to help set up for Freshwater Coloma's service tomorrow
-a much needed two hour nap at my gracious and hospitable friend Faith's home
-a fundraiser dinner for Coloma Highschool's band
-being introduced to Andrew Peterson's heart for God shown through his music at his concert in Watervliet
-safety on the treacherous drive home w/ Michigan's latest "in like a lion" March snowfall

*a highlight of the evening was the message in Andrew's song entitled, "World Traveler"

"World traveler
Pack your bags and dig down deep
Let's ride the storms and sail the seas
To the distant pole
I'm a wolrd traveler
Into these uncharted lands
To blaze a trail in the vast expanse
Of the heart and soul
In the the grace of the God of peace
Let's wade into the battle
Come on, come on with me
And get up in that saddle
There's a million mysteries
I never will unravel
Come on, let's travel the world"


I'm also thankful tonight for my Lord Jesus Christ, the Author of my Salvation and the Lover of my soul. For my family that loves so unconditionally. For this journey on earth which God is using to show Himself ever bigger and make me love Him and people even more.

No comments: