Sunday, September 4, 2011

PRK

In the fall of 2010, I decided it was time to make my long time desire of having LASIK surgery to correct my "blind as a bat" vision. I made an appointment with Great Lakes Eye Care to see if I was a candidate; I was. :) Great Lakes Eye Care uses PRK, which is similar to LASIK, but typically has a longer healing time. See the website below for details on the differences:

On August 19, 2011 (having had multiple pre-appointments) I went in for my eye surgery. Dr. Wang was wonderful, and took the time to pray with my mom and I just minutes before my surgery, putting my focus on the fact that God was (and IS) always fully in control of all things! The surgery itself took less than 10 minutes from the time I entered the room to meeting my mom back in the waiting room!

My recovery time of 6 days was spent in the welcome comfort of my childhood home, with the loving care of my mama and family on my journey of healing.

I got to wear these cool glasses anytime I was outside!


Drops, drops and more drops!
Every half hour for my re-wetting drops... try measuring your life in 30 minutes! It goes by insanely fast...


I rocked these glasses anytime I slept in order to protect my eyes. Cool-I know. :)
Now, I am on the waiting journey as my eyes continue to heal one day at a time. Thank you for all your prayers. :)

No comments: