Thursday, December 29, 2011

Embrace Change

This is a concept that has been somewhat of a theme in my life over the past four months... and trust me- it's not one I would typically choose for myself because I am not exactly a lover of change. However... I have come to see the true good and growth in it. :)

In August I welcomed Courtney as a roomie to my humble abode! I totally love the simple things that having a room-mate offers, someone to share stories and laughter and frustration and joys, someone to say good-morning and good-night, sleep well too.


September marked the beginning of my third year of teaching students with autism spectrum disorder (wow!) and the entire school year is proving to be full of opportunities to embrace change as we continue on without my good friend and co-teacher, Emily. (She & Brian welcomed twin girls in October- welcome to Ava Grace & Jesse Mae!)

I have been seeing my pride and self-centerdness more in my classroom as I take on various responsibilities and welcome a rotation of substitute staff. While seeing one's sin is never easy, I have come to embrace the changes and struggles and now look at them with eyes of thankfulness because God is teaching me that I can learn from others point of view and experiences, and also am learning that my way is not always the best... (believe it or not! Haha!)

Embracing change in family is lots of fun right now as we anticipate the birth of my first niece, Rose Ahlyse Wisner, in February 2012! This is the first baby of this new generation our immediate Wisner family, and I LOVE thinking about how spoiled and welcome this little one will be to our world.

The term "Embrace Change" came from a new friend who is currently in Uganda in pursuit of his dream to embrace and bring change to the world through Be A Number. The concept behind his dream is pretty cool and I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to play a mini part in a local shirt drop a few weeks ago. Check out Be A Number's website for more info on how to help change the world by being a #. :)



If you go to http://www.beanumber.org/places-faces/battle_creek,_mi._shirt_drop/, you'll see a short video shot by Rhino Media Productions (http://www.rhinomediaproductions.com/) at the Battle Creek YMCA Be A Number shirt drop I got to help out at!

I'm excited for the ways we will get to embrace change in 2012. I'm hoping to grow in an "attitude of gratitude" to the LORD this next year. Blessings to each one of you!


No comments: