Monday, March 26, 2012

lessons in sunsets, obedience & delight


How many hundreds upon hundreds of sunsets have i stood and reveled in, caught a glimpse of, driven alongside of, and without fail my heart swells with joy and wonder and thankfulness to One who Created such beauty that pleases people all over the world? last night, shortly after catching this sunset on Lake Michigan, Brian & I read Psalm 19 and verses 4b-6 captured my attention. 

"In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes it circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth."

So, not only does our Creator God delight to give good things to his children, but he also has set forth an awesome example of the joy and beauty and increased worship to God that springs forth from obedience. 
*May my life be this for you, Oh LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.*

No comments: