Saturday, January 8, 2011

ways i see my LORD in the year twenty-eleven

*january 1*
great delight was found in unwrapping the 2011 calendar year in south korea! 
justin and young-jin baney, yj's aunt, uncle and cousin so-ri and I 
shared the traditional korean birthday breakfast of rice soup (everyone's age changes on the first day of january in korea) and then took turns reading from Proverbs 1 and Genesis 1.  
our King is the Alpha & Omega, the Beginning & the End


*january 2*
my flight duration from s. korea to the states was 19hr 18min / 7,483miles
it was a welcome time of reflection on my life, world-perspectives and purpose, the upcoming year, 
and food for thought I'd gained from my week in korea


*january 3*
home-sweet-home
even though I now have my own apartment, nothing brings the same type of joy 
and belonging that come from being with my family in my childhood home. 
ellie mae always has a welcome wag of her tail when I walk in the door.

*january 4*
a quiet evening downloading photos from my time in korea
while sipping hot tea from my mug that reminds me in korean that
i am born to be loved by the King


*january 5*
on 10.10.10 freshwater paw paw launched a new church plant in coloma
a growing friendship with this little guy and his mama 
is one result of that new beginning 

*january 6*
this winter sunset re-focused my eyes on my King after a crazy day at work
"blessed be the LORD
for He has wondrously shown his steadfast
love to me."
psalm 31:21a




*january 7*
this is my current dwelling place
my first living alone experience
a unique season of life

No comments: